Who is it for?Anybody interested in flower arranging, from beginners to the more experienced. If you are completely new to flower arranging, please come along. Training and help will be given! We currently have 22 members and are a very friendly group.
When and where is it?
There are three meetings each year to plan for Easter, Harvest and Christmas, as well as an AGM in January. We also hold an annual Coffee Morning. If you can't make the meetings, you can still join the Flower Guild and be part of the rota.
We provide flowers (although you can bring your own, too) for displays in the church throughout the year. There are special displays for Easter, Christmas and Harvest, as well as Remembrance Sunday and a beautiful annual Lily display in memory of a loved one. Our Wedding Flower Team work closely with couples to create elegant displays for weddings at the Church. We also provide small arrangements to sell at the Church Christmas and Summer Fairs. Our aims are:
- To serve Jesus Christ and the Church family by creating a more beautiful setting for the acts of worship with flowers suitable for the Church calendar.
- To inspire worship by bringing life and colour to the Church, reminding us of the natural world God has created.
- To greet visitors and provide a friendly, warm atmosphere, making the Church appear cared for and a centre of happy activity.
- To encourage the talents we have been given, working in a satisfying and peaceful way.
- To encourage friendship amongst our members.
Flower Guild Diary Dates
Christmas planning meeting:- Thursday 23rd November 9.30 am to 11.30 am
Christmas decorating the church:- Thursdays 7th and 14th December 9.30 am to 4 pm
Take down arrangements:- Thursday 4th January 2018, 9.30 am to noon
How do I get involved?
Contact Dianne Loveridge by or telephone (01482 655659) or Maggie Sharrock (01482 658091).